The New Mexico Motor Vehicles Division (MVD) an ignition interlock program for applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked. You may be eligible for a special ignition interlock program.
Steps to Obtaining a Limited Driving Privilege (LDP) License During Your Suspension:
- Provide proof of SR22 insurance.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
- Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation. The court may require you to have an interlock, even if this is your first offense.
- Visit the MVD and pay all fees and fines.
- Once you have received your limited license, bring your vehicle to your Guardian Interlock service center for an ignition interlock monitoring appointment every 30 days to stay in compliance.
Steps to Reinstate Your Driver’s License After Suspension:
In order to reinstate your driver’s license in New Mexico, you will need to fulfill the requirements given to you by the MVD and/or court.
- Serve all jail and revocation time.
- Take a driver improvement course approved by the Traffic Safety Bureau (TSB).
- Complete a minimum of 6 months of driving with an ignition interlock device.
- Pay your reinstatement fee (and any other related fees).
- Apply for a new NM license and take vision and driver’s examination tests.
- Complete a TSB-approved DWI Prevention and Education Program.
To learn more about your reinstatement requirements, contact the MVD at (888) 683-4636.
Need an Ignition Interlock in New Mexico? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with New Mexico driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need