Steps to Obtaining a Probationary License During Your Suspension:
If your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) was less than 0.15:
- Wait a mandatory one-month revocation period (required before interlock may be installed).
- Contact Colorado Driver Services to verify your eligibility (303) 205-5613.
- Provide proof of SR22 insurance.
- Complete an Alcohol Certification, form DR2598.
- Complete a Reinstatement Application, form DR2870.
- Pay a $95 application fee to the Department of Revenue.
- Complete a Notarized Restricted License Ignition Interlock Agreement Affidavit, form DR2058.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
If your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) was 0.15 or greater, you must also:
- Enroll in or complete a Level II alcohol education and therapy course. Provide the Affidavit of Enrollment (DR 2643) or the Discharge Referral Summary (DRS)
- Maintain an interlock restricted license for a minimum of two years following reinstatement.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Colorado? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Colorado driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need