The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) offers hardship driver licenses to eligible applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked for a DUI. Florida ignition interlock laws require that any driver convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) with a BAC of .15 or higher must have an ignition interlock device, even if it is a first offense.
Steps to Obtaining a Hardship License During Your Suspension:
- Apply for a hardship license at the Florida Administrative Reviews Office
- Enroll in a 12 Hour Florida Advanced Driver Improvement course, and complete any other community service obligations
- Get your 30-day driving record from your county clerk, and an SR-22 certificate or other proof of financial responsibility.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994
- Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation.
- Take all forms to the DHSMV, and pay fines. The hearing officer will give you your hardship license.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Florida? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Florida driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need