Kentucky ignition interlock laws require that any driver with two or more (DUI) convictions must install an ignition interlock device, including an electronic log device, on every vehicle they own or which is registered to them. Procedures in Kentucky vary by court, and according to the number of convictions a driver has.
Steps to Obtaining a Restricted Driver’s License During Your Suspension:
- Pay applicable fines and serve the suspension and mandated jail time.
- Provide proof of completion of alcohol treatment program if required
- Pay the reinstatement fee at a local driver licensing office or Circuit Court Clerk’s office
- You will receive a letter from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet declaring that in order to drive legally, you must install an ignition interlock device. You must have a certificate from an approved ignition interlock provider certifying that an ignition interlock has been installed on your vehicle.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
- Once you have your restricted license, come into your ignition interlock service center for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Kentucky? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Kentucky driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need