The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers hardship licenses to eligible applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked for a DUII (driving under the influence of intoxicants). An Oregon hardship or probationary permit that allows you to drive:
- To and from work.
- For work purposes.
- To attend alcohol or drug programs.
- For medical purposes.
Steps to Obtaining a Hardship Permit During Your Suspension:
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
- Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation.
- Complete and submit the Requirements for a Hardship/Probationary Permit Application (Form 735-6044).
- Provide SR-22 Insurance Certificate, documentation proving hardship needs, and a court recommendation for the hardship application.
- If two or more DUII convictions within the past 5 years, submit a written recommendation from an approved alcohol treatment program.
- Pay the required application and reinstatement fees.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Oregon? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Oregon driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need