The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers Provisional licenses to eligible applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked for a DUI.
Steps to Obtaining a Provisional Driver’s License During Your Suspension:
- You must have no other suspensions following the DUI suspension except implied consent, implied consent under 21, BAC of .02 or greater, BAC of .15 or greater deriving from the same incident.
- Enroll in the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program.
- Obtain a certificate of SR-22 insurance. Your insurance agent can help you with this.
- Pay the provisional driver’s license fee of $100.00.
- If you have a second or subsequent DUI offense, make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994. Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV.
For more information, please call the South Carolina DMV at (803) 896-5000.
Need an Ignition Interlock in South Carolina? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with South Carolina driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need