Steps to Obtaining a Restricted Driver’s License During Your Suspension:
- Serve mandatory suspension time (required period before interlock may be installed).
- Provide proof of enrollment in or completion of an approved alcohol treatment program and after-care, if ordered.
- Provide letter from probation compliance.
- Document legitimate hardship such, as a letter from employer on letterhead.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
- Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation.
- Fill out hardship application form and pay all fines and fees.
Steps to Reinstate Your Driver’s License After Suspension:
- Complete your minimum suspension period.
- Pay all fines, including any additional court costs.
- Serve jail time or completing your probation, if applicable.
- Complete an alcohol education program.
- Pay your license reinstatement fee, which can range from $50 to $1,200.
- You might need to re-apply for your license, which includes taking all the required tests.
- With an OUI-related suspension or revocation you must see a Hearings Officer to have your license reinstated. Check the Suspension Hearing Sites and Schedules for a location nearest you.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Massachusetts? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Massachusetts driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need