The new Texas law provides you with the opportunity to DRIVE IMMEDIATELY once you install an Ignition Interlock Device.
Call 800-499-0994 NOW and talk to one of our Texas Ignition Interlock Specialists who will take you through the process of getting back on the road quickly, safely, and legally.
The Texas Department of Public Security (DPS) offers restricted licenses to eligible applicants who need to drive to work while their regular licenses are suspended or revoked for a DUI. For more information, call the Texas DPS at 512-424-2600.
Steps to Obtaining a Restricted Driver’s License During Your Suspension:
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
- Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation. Bring your court papers, proof of insurance, and ID.
- Send a $10 check or money order to Texas DPS, Attn. CCR, PO Box 15999, Austin, TX 78761. Make sure your full name, date of birth, and driver’s license number are on the check, along with the code number 007.
- You will receive a restricted license that allows you to drive with an interlock within 21 days. Do not drive using your old license, as you will be in violation of the law.
- Your $125 reinstatement will be due at the expiry of your license.
- If required, provide an SR-22 certificate or other proof of financial responsibility. Your insurance agent can assist you with this.
Need an Ignition Interlock in Texas? Start with Guardian Interlock®
Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Texas driving restrictions.
- Most affordable interlock solution
- Accurate technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need