Washington License Recovery

Steps to Obtaining an Ignition Interlock Driver’s License During Your Suspension

To drive after a DUI in Washington requires an IIL (Ignition Interlock License). You may apply as soon as you want after you are arrested. However, your court sentence will ultimately determine when you can start driving.

  1. Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-499-0994.
  2. Guardian will verify your eligibility for an interlock with the DMV. Once your interlock installed, Guardian will give you a certificate confirming the installation.
  3. If you need financial assistance for the Interlock, submit form DR-500-024 to the DOL.
  4. Provide an SR-22 Certificate or other proof of financial responsibility. A car insurance agent can help you with this.
  5. Submit a restricted Driver License application, form DR-500-001, with a $100 fee to any DOL office, or mail with a check to Restricted Driver License, Department of Licensing, PO Box 3907, Seattle, WA 98124-3907.
  6. If your application is approved, you will be mailed your Restricted Driver license.

Need an Ignition Interlock in Washington? Start with Guardian Interlock®

Guardian Interlock offers complete installation and monitoring of an ignition interlock device on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Washington driving restrictions.

  • Most affordable interlock solution
  • Accurate technology – no false positives
  • Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
  • Direct communication with the state monitoring authorities to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
  • 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need

Get Started Now. Find a Guardian Interlock installer or call toll-free 800-499-0994

Call Now Button800-499-0994